Before now poetry has taken notice
Of wars, and what are wars but politics
Transformed from chronic to acute and bloody?
from "Build Soil"
Robert Frost

Thursday, November 08, 2007

BLOGWORLDEXPO

Which is a better way to attract wanderers to a blog booth: free beer or beautiful women in short skirts? That's a question that may well be answered at the first Blogworld and New Media Expo in Las Vegas. Me, I'm currently more attracted to the beer- something that the women in my life will probably be happy(er) to hear. Yeah mom, you're on that list.

It's been an eventful day. I got up earlier than I ever thought I would while in the City of Sin, and the whirlwind hasn't stopped since. I was interviewed today by a French radio/news service (I'll post a link once it airs), and was tapped as a last-minute panelist addition to the conference session "From the Front" which as the name implies covers blogging from combat zones. I also started to explore some other venues for publication.

Speaking of venues, the quote of the day belongs to Bill Roggio with a gem that I'll paraphrase from memory as "Things have gotten to the point where I need to have a new blog on my blog". Blogs on blogs is like Starbucks across the street from Starbucks. What is the world coming to?

I'll post some pictures and maybe talk a little more later- for now it's time to think about heading towards the door for the opening night party at the Hard Rock Cafe. I'll be knocking back some of those beers and talking with newly-met old friends.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/11/07 18:07

    Sounds like a good time,TD. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sounds sound like you're swinging.

    But don't forget to keep bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog on dude ! Blogs are becoming a major phenomenon of todays world. A wealth of thoughts, opinions, and information the likes of which we have never seen before. And when combined with beer, well it jus' don't git no better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TD, happy Veteran's Day. Thanks for your service and your sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vegas - another world all together! In the desert you are able to drink more beer due to the low altitude:) As to watching women in short skirts - just make sure they are women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Veterans Day!!!

    Soldier Dedication - original song and video

    spreading the love and appreciation by honoring those who serve...thank you veterans!!!!

    ReplyDelete