Before now poetry has taken notice
Of wars, and what are wars but politics
Transformed from chronic to acute and bloody?
from "Build Soil"
Robert Frost

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Yeah...

I hope you'll all be able to bear with me over the next few weeks. Life has been pretty crazy lately- I've been alternately working like mad and sweating on a cot far, far from internet. I made the hike across post to get online tonight, but I forgot to bring my thumbstick with a new post on it. I'll try to get it up soon, but I likely won't be posting very much more for a week or two.

In other news:

I'll let Desert Flier tell you about the random encounter he and I had the other night here in Ramadi.

Likewise, Badger 6 has the story about our appearance in the Idaho Journal. For those of you that commented on it, fear not: the molesta-stache is gone.

If you happen to be one of the few interested in Invisible Keepsakes, go check out the new updates.

Also, while you follow links, you might check out Pin Ups for Vets- the website of an enterprising young lady raising money and moral for wounded troops in a way my grandfather would recognize and appreciate.

I finally updated my Blogroll with a few long-overdue links from some of the many sites linking back to here. I still have a number to track down in the logs, but you'll find several new sites to browse, including

American Soldier
Asymmetric Military
Dick Doper
Lead Soldiers
Libertarian Leanings
Vorkt

4 comments:

  1. I, for one, will say "Amen!" to the molesta-stache departure...and an even bigger "AMEN!" for the guy who brought out the truth about the Baghdad Diarist...or was he in Kuwait? I forget...details are so difficult to remember...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap!
    I've had "Ghosts of Winter" printed out and hanging on the wall next to me for a while now and didn't realize that it was yours. How the hell did I not figure that out?!? Oh yeah, ix-nay on the ash-stay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 09/05/2007
    A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man B6 looks mad in that pic in the journal. He always have that scowl?

    ReplyDelete